The Midwest's Large Excavation Experts
Landfills based in the United States are constructed in cells, with each cell consisting of a compacted clay liner built over the native soil base at least three feet above the water table. A far cry from how waste was disposed of only 50 years ago, today’s landfills are complex, highly engineered structures that require understanding of several disciplines to properly execute. Great Lakes Fusion has a proven track record of successful Landfill Construction, with a focus on long-term lowered maintenance costs. Contact our team today to discuss your project!
- Over two million cubic yards of earth moved over a two year period
- Max one day exceeded 15,000 cubic yards
- (10) Large capacity pit trucks, (2) D6 Caterpillar Dozers, (2) Excavators, Multiple Loaders and support equipment
- During construction rerouted an active creek
- Installed (2) 125 Ton+ bridges over creek for hauling
- Various road building, restoration, and seeding completed